If anyone had told me there would be so many Latke recipes hitting the internet the first day of Hanukkah - Well let's just say I wouldn't have believed it. I had been looking forward to posting this recipe since I found it hidden in the Vegetable section of Betty's Big Red under the title Potato Pancakes. But in a world of Latke recipes here's what makes this one special :
• Baked not Fried
• Super Tasty
• Um - Like Extra Super Tasty!
..Let's make some Latkes!...
• 5-6 Yukon Gold Potatoes (we use organic produce when we can so the 5 potatoes we used might be a bit a smaller - just something to keep in mind)
• 1 Red Onion (diced)
• 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
• 1 Teaspoon Salt
• 1/2 Teaspoon Braggs
• 1 Teaspoon Applesauce
• 1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
• 1 Tablespoon EnerG Egg Replacer
• Olive Oil Cooking Spray
• Vegan Sour Cream and/or Applesauce for toppings
Feel free to leave out the pepper for a sensitive stomach.
Heat oven to 450.
Shred enough Potatoes to make 4 cups with either a cheese grater or food processor. Then mix in the remaining ingredients with the Potatoes in a large bowl. Spray a baking sheet with Olive Oil Cooking Spray.
Place rounded Tablespoons of the Latke mix on the baking sheet and flatten with a spatula. Then pop in the oven and bake for around 5 and then flip them and put them bake in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes. Then check them. Just keep flipping them every 5 minutes till they are the desired crispiness.
Serve warm with the Vegan Sour Cream or Applesauce. This will make between 12-15 Latkes.
Originally found here
Picture originally found here