• 10 large carrots; peeled, diced
• 2 medium potatoes cubed
• 3 yams, or sweet potatoes Peeled and diced
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 8 large pitted prunes, halved
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
• 2 cups orange juice
1. Place ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook over low heat,stirring often,for about 50 minutes.
3. If the tzimmes gets dry, slowly add a little water at a time and mix well. It is done when you can easily break the carrots with a fork.
Originally from here
Posted on Shalom Adventure by: B Ellen Gurien